Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is a group of interrelated diseases that include coronary heart disease (CHD), atherosclerosis, hypertension, ischemic heart disease, peripheral vascular disease, and heart failure (HF). These diseases are interrelated and often coexist. Cardiovascular disease (CVD) is now the leading cause of death globally and is a growing health concern.
With the recent research, it has become evident that dietary recommendations are a key element in the management of cardiovascular disease (CVD). An expanding body of evidence indicates that certain dietary patterns can influence cardiovascular health and primary prevention of CVD by modifying risk factors such as obesity, dyslipidemia, and hypertension as well as factors involved in systemic inflammation, insulin sensitivity, oxidative stress, endothelial function, thrombosis, and cardiac rhythm.
Numerous research studies have suggested that various molecules like Resveratrol, Co-enzyme Q10 plays an important role in management of heart diseases. Resveratrol is a powerful antioxidant. It has been implicated as the heart protective compound of red wine, due to its antioxidant effects. Co-enzyme Q10 – helps steer metabolic processes in the body. It is a powerful fat soluble antioxidant necessary for the functioning of every cell in the body. Low levels of Q10 can induce hypertension, angina and Myocardial infarction.
Criticare presents Cardiopro – India's first cardiac nutrition product. Nutrionally complete, it contains powerful antioxidants like Resveratrol and Co- enzyme Q10. It is rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids and dietary fibers.
Flavors: Vanilla and Chocolate
Pack Size: 200g
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE: This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Whey protein concentrate, Soya protein isolate, Maltodextrin, Resveratrol, L-Carnitine, Co-enzyme Q10, Evening primrose oil, Dietary fiber (Inulin), Resistant starch, Sucralose, Vitamin & Minerals, Contains added flavours.
- Resveratrol - a potent antioxidant known to have many positive benefits. This includes reduction in free radical formation, prevention of platelet aggregation and stimulation of nitric oxide production. It also prevents oxidation of LDL thereby reducing the risk of CV disease.
- Co-enzyme Q10: Helps steer metabolic processes in the body. It is a powerful fat soluble antioxidant necessary for the functioning of every cell in the body. Low levels of Q10 can induce hypertension, angina and Myocardial infarction.
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids: Prevent inflammation, lower blood pressure and decrease triglyceride levels.
- L Carnitine: Exerts a substantial antioxidant action, thereby providing a protective effect against lipid peroxidation and oxidative stress induced at the myocardial and endothelial cell level.
- Dietary fiber: Helps maintain lipid profile
- Vitamins and minerals: Meets daily requirements
- Patients on a restricted diet following CABG, Angioplasty and Thrombolysis and also for post-surgical wound healing
- With hyperlipidemia with or without diabetes
- Patients with high risk of developing cardiovascular diseases.
- Patients with stroke, Heart failure and Mycocardial infarction.
|Energy per serving with water (10g)||36.7 Kcal|
|Energy per serving with whole milk (30g)||69.7 Kcal|
|Osmolality||130 - 135 mOsm/kg|
|Osmolarity||110 - 114 mOsm/L|
|Glycemic Index||36 - 38|
|Glycemic Load||22 - 24|
|Volume after Reconstitution|
|With water||57 ml|
|With whole milk||57 ml|
|Kcal/ml with water||0.62 Kcal/ml|
|Kcal/ml with whole milk||0.95 Kcal/ml|
|Proteins||Whey Protein Concentrate and Soya Protein Isolate|
|Fats||Evening Primrose oil, DHA|