Diabetes is group of metabolic diseases characterized by high blood glucose concentrations either because the body does not produce enough insulin, or because cells do not respond to the insulin that is produced. Diabetes is on the rise, yet most cases are preventable with healthy lifestyle changes. Some can even be reversed. Managing diabetes requires a multidisciplinary approach, and nutrition acts as a significant facet to help reduce the global burden of the diabetes epidemic.
Nutrition is a critical part of diabetes care. Balancing the right amount of carbohydrates, fat, protein along with fibre, vitamins and minerals helps in maintaining adequate glycemic control.
Evia Nutrition brings to you – Supplement D, a calorie dense formula with a unique slow release carbohydrate system for enhanced glycemic control. Supplement D helps in improving insulin sensitivity and glucose tolerance. Fortified with a blend of fructooligosaccharides (FOS) and soluble fibers, it promotes good digestive health.
Pack Size: 200g, 400g
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE: This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Whey Protein Concentrate, Soya Protein Isolate, Oleic Sunflower Oil, Maltitol, Fructo Oligosaccharides, Resistant starch, Taurine, Carnitine, Inositol, Sucralose, Vitamins, Minerals and contains added flavour.
Supplement D contains:
- Slow release carbohydrate system: Prevents both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia
- MUFA: Help increase HDL cholesterol and reduce post prandial glucose levels
- Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS): Reduces mean fasting blood glucose levels, mean serum and total serum cholesterol levels.
- Chromium: Lowers fasting and post-prandial glucose levels
- Vitamins and Minerals: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Selenium and Beta carotene improve insulin sensitivity.
- Dietary fiber: Helps maintain lipid profile
- Vitamins and minerals: Meets daily requirements
- Patients with type 1 or type 2 diabetes
- Patients with hyperglycemia/abnormal glucose tolerance resulting from metabolic stress, such as illness, trauma, and infection
- Critically ill diabetics admitted to the ICU
|Energy per serving with water (30g)||135 Kcal|
|Energy per serving with whole milk (30g)||214.2 Kcal|
|Osmolality||280 - 290 mOsm/kg|
|Osmolarity||222 - 230 mOsm/L|
|Glycemic Index||38 - 40|
|Glycemic Load||20 - 22|
|Volume after Reconstitution|
|With water||144 ml|
|With whole milk||144 ml|
|Kcal/ml with water||0.9 Kcal/ml|
|Kcal/ml with whole milk||1.57 Kcal/ml|
|Proteins||Whey Protein Concentrate and Soya Protein Isolate|
|Carbohydrates||Maltodextrin, Resistant starch, FOS, Inositol|
|Fats||Oleic sunflower oil|