Hypermetabolism is the physiological state of increased rate of metabolic activity and is characterized by an abnormal increase in the body's basal metabolic rate. Hypermetabolism typically occurs after significant injury to the body. In hospitals and institutions, the most common causes are infections, sepsis, burns, cancer, multiple trauma, HIV, long-bone fractures, prolonged steroid therapy, surgery and bone marrow transplants. Adjuvant nutritional therapy for hypermetabolic patients has developed an expanding role in clinical intensive care.
CritiCare brings to you a calorie dense high protein formula – Promaxe enriched with glutamine that is specially designed to meet the high energy requirement of patients in hypercatabolic state esp. cancer, burns and surgery.
Flavors: Vanilla and Chocolate
Pack Size: 200g
Promaxe is lactose, gluten and sugar free. Therefore, Promaxe is ideal for patients who may suffer from diarrhoea due to lactose intolerance and safe for those patients who may have gluten sensitivity and diabetes.
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE:
This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Promaxe is a calorie dense high protein formula enriched with glutamine that is specially designed to meet the high energy requirement of patients in hypercatabolic state esp. cancer, burns and surgery. Promaxe helps in faster recovery from illness, boosts the immune system to fight infections, promotes weight gain and builds lean body mass in hypercatabolic patients and is the ideal choice for nutrition post-surgery.
Ingredients: Whey Protein Concentrate, Soya Protein Isolate, Maltodextrin, Medium Chain Triglycerides, EPRO, DHA, L-Glutamine, Inulin, Micronutrient Mix, Vitamin Mix, Mineral Mix, Sucralose. Contains added flavour.
- Macronutrients: Adequate amounts of macronutrients such as fats, carbohydrates and proteins are included to meet the requirements due to altered body's metabolism after surgery for faster tissue generation and healing.
- Glutamine: Serves as a source of cellular energy, reduces oxidative damage post-surgery, increases muscle mass and also works as an immune modulator to prevent infections.
- Omega 3 & 6 fatty acids: Act as anti-inflammatory and regulate metabolism.
- Fibres: Maintains a healthy digestive tract.
- Vitamins and minerals: Vitamin A, C and E, Zinc and Selenium act as antioxidants that get absorbed and attach to free radicals preventing them from attacking the normal cells. The vitamins and minerals meet the increased requirements during hypercatabolic state.
- Hypercatabolic state including severe burns, cancer, multiple trauma, major surgeries (Upper GI, Lower GI, Head and Neck, Bone Marrow Transplant) and sepsis.
- As an adjunct to radiotherapy and chemotherapy
- Cholecystitis, pancreatitis etc.
|Energy per serving with water (30g)||136.7 Kcal|
|Energy per serving with whole milk (30g)||202 Kcal|
|Osmolality||240 - 250 mOsm/kg|
|Osmolarity||180 - 187 mOsm/L|
|Glycemic Index||35 - 38|
|Glycemic Load||14 - 16|
|Volume after Reconstitution|
|With water||124 ml|
|With whole milk||124 ml|
|Kcal/ml with water||1.09 Kcal/ml|
|Kcal/ml with whole milk||1.75 Kcal/ml|
|Proteins||Whey Protein Concentrate and Soya Protein Isolate|
|Fats||Medium Chain Triglycerides, Vegetable Oil, Evening Primrose Oil Powder, DHA|