As CKD progresses, the symptoms become increasingly evident along with the risk for kidney failure. Chronic Kidney disease stage 5 or End stage renal disease (ESRD) is the advanced stage of kidney disease in which the kidneys have lost nearly all their ability to do their job effectively, and eventually dialysis or a kidney transplant is needed to live.
Proper nutrition is especially important when one is receiving dialysis as CKD increases the risks of other serious complications such as heart disease and stroke. People on dialysis have special nutrition and fluid needs. Protein needs are higher in patients with ESRD due to losses that occur during dialysis. It is essential that ESRD patients restrict their fluid intake and should avoid high-sodium diets. Hypertension in dialysis patients is largely attributed to positive sodium balance and volume expansion.
CritiCare brings to you Renopro HP - a calorie dense product with high protein supplement specially formulated to meet the needs of CKD Stage 5 patients. Nutritionally complete, it is also lactose, sugar and gluten free
Flavors: Vanilla and Chocolate flavors
Pack Size: 200g
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE: This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Whey Protein Concentrate, Soya Protein Isolate, Maltodextrin, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Vegetable Oil containing permitted antioxidants, Choline bitartrate, Glycine, L-Histidine L-Carnitine, Vitamin Mix, Mineral Mix, Sucralose. Contains added flavour.
Reno-pro HP contains:
- Protein and Amino acids: High protein levels in Reno-pro HP helps meet the loss of protein during dialysis
- Electrolytes: Low Electrolyte Content in Reno-pro HP reduces edema, controls blood pressure and also reduces the risk of CV complications due to hyperkalemia.
- Low phosphorous: The risk of hyper-phosphatemia is reduced as Reno-pro HP does not contain any additional phosphorous.
- Vitamins and minerals: Meets the daily nutritional requirements during dialysis.
- Protein energy malnutrition (PEM) in CKD Stage 5 or dialysis patients
- Patients on restricted diet due to co-morbid condition/dialysis
- Vitamins & minerals deficiency in CKD stage 5 or dialysis patients
|Energy per serving with water (25g)||122 Kcal||Osmolality||290 - 300 mOsm/kg|
|Osmolarity||119 - 123 mOsm/L|
|Glycemic Index||18 - 20|
|Glycemic Load||5.6 - 6.3|
|Volume after Reconstitution|
|With water||60 ml|
|Kcal/ml with water||2.00 Kcal/ml|
|Proteins||Whey Protein Concentrate and Soya Protein Isolate|