Chronic kidney disease, also called chronic kidney failure, is characterized by the gradual loss of kidney function. The main function of kidney is to filter wastes and remove excess fluids from the blood, which are then secreted in the urine. The early stages of Chronic kidney disease is marked by few symptoms that includes poor appetite, swollen feet and ankles, muscle cramping at night, puffiness around eyes especially in morning and frequent urination at night. Chronic kidney disease may not become apparent until the kidney function is significantly impaired. Treatment for chronic kidney disease focuses on slowing the progression of the kidney damage, usually by controlling the underlying cause. Chronic kidney disease can progress to end-stage kidney failure, which is fatal without artificial filtering (dialysis) or a kidney transplant. The nutritional management of the chronic kidney disease aims at restriction of protein, fluids and electrolyte intake.
CritiCare brings to you Renopro - a product that fulfils the above requirements and meets the needs of patients.
Flavors: Vanilla and Chocolate
Pack Size: 200g
NOT FOR PARENTERAL USE: This product is a medical food intended for use under medical supervision. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Whey Protein Concentrate, Soya Protein Isolate, Maltodextrin, Medium Chain Triglycerides, Vegetable Oil containing permitted antioxidants, Choline bitartrate, Glycine, L-Histidine L-Carnitine, Vitamin Mix, Mineral Mix, Sucralose. Contains added flavour.
- Protein: High biological value protein. Low protein levels in Reno-pro decreases protein load on Kidneys thereby preventing further damage to the glomerular apparatus, reduces the production of ammonia in the Kidney and circulation of toxic by-products of protein metabolism in the Kidney.
- Electrolytes: Low Electrolyte Content in Reno-pro reduces edema, controls blood pressue and also reduces the risk of CV complications due to hyperkalemia.
- L- Carnitine: - Significantly reduces the pre-dialysis concentration of serum urea nitrogen, creatinine and phosphorus.
- Vitamins and minerals: Meets daily requirements
- Maintain nutritional status in CKD 1-4 patients
- Patients on restricted diet due to co-morbid conditions
- Vitamin & mineral deficiency in CKD 1-4 patients
|Energy per serving with water (25g)||117 Kcal||Osmolality||410 - 420 mOsm/kg|
|Osmolarity||189 - 193 mOsm/L|
|Glycemic Index||45 - 50|
|Glycemic Load||28 - 32|
|Volume after Reconstitution|
|With water||60 ml|
|Kcal/ml with water||1.91 Kcal/ml|
|Proteins||Whey Protein Concentrate and Soya Protein Isolate|